Gilbert Arizona Temple until Phoenix Temple is built

Gilbert Arizona Temple until Phoenix Temple is built
Wherefore, Be of good cheer and do not fear, for I the lord am with you, and will stand by you, and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the son of the living God, that I was, that I am and that I am to come. D&C 68.6

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Transfer!

This morning we got the text and I am the only one from our Zone that
is getting transferred! I'm sure I will probably be on my bike down in
the valley but it is winter so I am just fine with that haha. I'll let
you guys know where I end up next week! Anyways, this week has been
great! It has been super busy! On Tuesday I went on another exchange
with a missionary that is going home at the end of December. We are
different people and we worked together well but by the end of the day
I was ready to change back. It was a good day though and I had a lot
more opportunities to lead discussions and take control which was
great! On Wednesday we taught some of our investigators and they are
progressing really well. Chris Whitaker is doing well and he is trying
to get his Sunday's off so that he can get to church! Caleb Moon had a
great lesson. We taught some of the Articles of Faith and it was
great. It's nice to have his friends be so involved in the church
because they help him when he has any questions. Neva McKnight is
doing well! We went over the baptismal interview questions with her
and she is having her interview next Sunday! It stinks that I have to
leave and that I won't be able to see Neva, Caleb and Chris be
baptized but I'm glad I was able to be a part of the process! I had a
great lesson with Sister Franko (her son is a senior and got baptized
8 months ago so we relate really well). She was baptized a while ago
but somebody told her something dumb and now she is finding her faith
again. I told her how to find the truth and she knows it's all true
she just doesn't want to act on it quite yet but she has come to
church for the first time in ten years, twice in the past three weeks!
Then on Thursday we had Zone Meeting and Zone Conference with the
Prescott Zone. We did a lot of Zone Goals and such. But then with
practice teaching I was teaching with President Juchau who is in the
Mission Presidency. I figured it would be good to have that pressure
and get his insight after and it turned out really well! Then on
Friday we went down to the valley for a trainer/trainee meeting which
was pretty good. Again I ended up with President Juchau haha. But
after the meeting we had a great lesson with Jan Hilton who hasn't
been willing to meet with us since I have been here. She was asking a
lot of questions and it was good because we had Bishop Legler there
with us to help resolve her concerns. Friday was great we just went
out to meet with a lot of families and we are getting member
missionary work going better in the area so hopefully that helps the
work! Saturday was incredible. We had to be down to Sunrise Mountain
High School by 12 to practice for the Cultural Celebration. It was
awesome to be there with 4,300 youth and all of the APM missionaries!
We got to know other missionaries well and the kids and parents
thought we were celebrities haha. We would stand there and come off
the field and people still loved it. I don't get it haha. But it was
great taking pictures with the youth from our wards and being able to
be a part of the whole experience. President Monson, President
Uchtdorf and Elder Oaks and Elder Robbins who just spoke in conference
were all there. It was super quite when they got there and he whole
event was really spiritual. Of course all the moms and sister
missionaries were bawling haha. We didn't get back here until about 11
at night so we were all wiped out! On Sunday was the Temple Dedication
which was awesome. It was cool to see something so sacred yet the
Prophet and other General Authorities still showed personality and
they were joking around. It was awesome and I have some cool souvenirs
that we needed as part of the celebration and dedication! Yesterday
was a "Working Monday" and I had a great experience, a man named Bobby
who we had stopped by before was home so we decided to stop by again
even though last time he wasn't in a great mood that we came over. He
has had a rough outing since his teenage years and he is finally
deciding to take a different path. He has been in gangs and doing all
kinds of things to get into trouble and now he is turning his life
around and starting a family. He told us he has started praying and
God has given him the strength to endure each day. He also had a
makeshift bike shop in his shed behind his house. And he said he would
fix my bike for free! He is doing that right now! It's amazing to see
how people can change in such a short time. I wish I was going to be
able to teach him but he will be left in good hands with Unasa and
whoever comes here! Things have been great in PV! I can't believe I am
already done with training! I hope all is well back home! I love you
guys! Have a good week! Tevin.

No comments:

Post a Comment