Gilbert Arizona Temple until Phoenix Temple is built

Gilbert Arizona Temple until Phoenix Temple is built
Wherefore, Be of good cheer and do not fear, for I the lord am with you, and will stand by you, and ye shall bear record of me, even Jesus Christ, that I am the son of the living God, that I was, that I am and that I am to come. D&C 68.6

Saturday, January 31, 2015

November

This week has been pretty good! So on Monday night, we went over to a
part member family house and the dad was there who isn't a member and
apparently in the past has been standoffish to the church but we
taught him about the Plan of Salvation and he was asking lots of
questions and it seemed to go great! On Tuesday, Elder Unasa had to go
down to the Valley for a Leadership Meeting and I was with Elder
Lewis. He is from Seattle and he played college football at a small
school in West Virginia. He has been out for about 9 months. But we
had a really good day. We are a lot alike except for the fact that he
sings way good haha. He made CD's with him and his friend singing
Church Music and it is sweet! But we taught some good lessons and
Unasa was impressed with the day we had in our area while he was gone.
At dinner I gave my first blessing which was a really cool experience!
Things have been going well out here. I have been having good study
sessions and I just need to work on talking to random people on the
street. That's where I struggle haha. On Wednesday, Elder Unasa and I
got up at 5 to teach a seminary class about Missionary Work. It was
really cool to talk about what we do every day and try to get them
excited for missions! Then we tracked a ton that day. Which I don't
like a ton because I don't know how to just strike up a conversation
and work the Gospel in quite yet haha. But it's something that you get
good at the more you don't and there is no special technique, doors
will be slammed haha. Wednesday night was great though! Brother Huss
and I went to teach a family while in splits and they had a friend
over who seemed ready for the Gospel so I starting getting to know him
and teaching. Brother Huss's hearing aid went out so I taught him by
myself with the family watching haha. I felt like it was mediocre but
they said the next night that the friend (Dillon) wants us to teach
him the lessons! Thursday morning I woke up super upset. Unasa snored
louder than humanly possibly and I laid awake with my ear plugs in and
still couldn't sleep. I hit the wall and told him to shut up but he
just went back to sleep and snored again. I realized it was when he
lays on his back so I got down and woke him up and told him to lay on
his side. I was expecting something other than him saying "okay". But
he did. I had no sleep that night haha. I almost fell asleep at a
members house but I pulled through miraculously. Then on Friday I was
on another exchange with Elder Davis and we went to his area. We had
their Ward Mission Leader with us all day who is a spiritual giant.
But he let us just kind of take over and I let Davis do a lot of the
work. That night I had my first bash. It was about Joseph Smith and I
thought I did pretty good haha. It wasn't confrontational really. We
also helped our members move out of their daughters house. That was a
little more confrontational but we stayed out of it and just moved
their stuff. I talked to a lady who is waiting for a black and white
answer before she joins the church and I was straight with her. I told
her that wouldn't happen. That God wants us to act on the smaller
amounts of light that he gives us, then he will give us more light.
Their Ward Mission Leader is from England and he said that Byington,
TON used to mean town. So from the town of Bying. I don't know but it
was interesting! Yesterday we had a big lunch and right as we
finished, we were getting ready to o go do service and they said they
were feeding us too. I was miserable when I looked at the chicken and
potatoes haha. I have never been so full which is a terrible feeling.
Especially knowing I can't run or do cardio to help the situation
haha. We had dinner with our Ward Mission Leaders family on Saturday
and his wife said something significant to me. They live out in a
prairie with lots of yellow weeds. She mentioned that they are ugly,
but when she was walking in the morning and saw the sunrise on them,
they looked like they were on fire. This is much like Jesus Christ, we
are just average people. But when we let the Light of Christ shine
within us, we become a lot more and reach higher potentials. And
yesterday in Elders Quorum we had a great lesson about sacrifices.
Sacrifices like missions, tithing and home teaching. But are they
really sacrifices? As we serve the Lord, we put off the Natural Man
and allow God to expand our spiritual horizons and to fine tune the
Person we become. I thought that was really cool. Things are going
really well here in Prescott Valley! I can't believe I'm almost
already done with training! This is my last week and then we have
transfers next Wednesday! I hope all is well back home! Love you guys!
Tevin

No comments:

Post a Comment